It seems that no industry has seen such growth within the past few years as the online marketing space has. Since we live in such a digital age, everything and anything we do is related to the Internet is some type of way. From a consumer perspective, this is great because it is all too easy to gain access to whatever you want by clicking a button. But from a business standpoint, online marketing can be a double-edged sword. The Internet has the potential to bring more visibility to your business, but only if you can effectively gain brand awareness.
So what does it mean to build a brand in 2019, when the Internet is constantly changing? Here are some methods that will help any business effectively build a brand that will bring your business to new heights.
Share a brand story
You have to think of a customer’s perspective when you are creating your brand. Customers don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it. So take them on a journey with all your content and branding strategies! To do this, think of the different methods you’ll share your content with them. For example, will you primarily showcase videos? If so, make sure to include the videos in every communication touchpoint with the consumer. This means sharing the videos on LinkedIn, email marketing templates, Instagram posts and stories, and Facebook ads.
In a world where there are multiple brands everywhere, you’ll want to include the viewer on your journey to make them see you as a trusted company and even a friend.
Consistency builds trust. To build a bulletproof brand, it is absolutely crucial to share content on a consistent basis. Building a loyal following takes baby steps, but if you can ensure your content is going out on the same days and at the same times, it is easier for the customer to remember to keep an eye out.
First, you’ll want to create a content calendar that encompasses your brand strategy. Who are you targeting and why? What do you want to share and when? Plan this out, then drive home the meaning of teamwork to your employees. It is absolutely crucial all of your employees are on the same page when sharing your vision and translating this to different social media channels.
Develop a mission statement
Consumers nowadays don’t have large attention spans. So you’ll want to develop a mission statement that tells who you are and what you do in three seconds or less. Nothing can kill a brand more than a mission statement that is confusing, too long, and easy to confuse with a competitor’s.
Remember, less is more
Online marketing best practices used to include repeating the same message over and over. This was seen to be a great way to build a brand, but in reality, this only annoys your customers and causes them to unsubscribe to your content. Now, the power of one ad can go far. Less is more when it comes to your content, so don’t feel that you have to post the same message on every social media platform every day to see results. After all, quantity does NOT equal quality.
The above tips can be especially helpful for real estate agents, as many realtors don’t focus on their branding until they notice a problem. As a rule of thumb, when it comes to branding, every realtor should focus 80% of their time on their sales process and the other 20% planning for their future in terms of real estate marketing and branding. After all, when working on branding efforts, you are investing in your self so there is no such thing as too much!
At Real Agent Pro, we are passionate about helping real estate agents build their brand and online visibility. If you would like to learn more, head over to our website, follow us on Instagram, and tune in to our Facebook every day at 2 p.m. EST for an educational Livestream featuring our team members.